Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting Point (Waking UP)

+2
kenjo
Masonimo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Weapons

Post  Masonimo Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 pm

The only weapons that you were able to acquire so far were simple weapons found in the armory area. The other weapons are still being sequestered by your new friend Grimold. You are simply hoping that he fulfills his task before the time runs out (**he will don't worry). However, currently you only have the simple weapons and armor that you requested.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

https://mason.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Question out of character?

Post  Scemmie Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 pm

So did we actually get the armor we wanted or the simple/basic armor... or do we still need to go and tell him what type of armor we want?
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Armor

Post  Masonimo Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

You were able to order whatever non-magical or non-exotic armor that you desired.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Lance, taking Raath's lack of interest as approval, slices into his mattress on the spot he indicated, with one of his small daggers, and tries to find the object he located earlier.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Raath is reminded of the gnome's interest in his magical mattress... the instant he starts cutting into it. He let's out a strained half-chuckle.

AT LANCE:
Oh yeah, sure, the mattress. It's magic or something, I remember. Yeah, uh, go right ahead. It's not like I'll use it again anytime soon. Probably... until tonight, when I want to... ya know, go to sleep. I'm sure it'll still work just fine... all... slashed up... Neutral

Despite his semi-sarcastic tone, Raath really doesn't think the mattress was helping much anyway, and is rather curious to know what Lance is going to find.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty The Sword and Return

Post  Masonimo Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

After ruffling through the stuffing a bit Lances small fingers grasp around an object wrapped in cloth and tied with leather. Pulling it from the mattress (which does indeed create a pretty large hole) it is easily recognizable as a short sword. The item has been carefully wrapped up and it is apparent to Lance that the it has not been unwrapped for some time. As he removes the wrapping (assuming this is the action taken) he reveals a brilliant blade with a solid yet jeweled hilt. It is clear that the item is extremely valuable which begs the question of why is it stuffed in a mattress? On the hilt there is an inscription "Prince Midas". Lance identifies it as an item similar to Gadius which is a gladiators off hand performing weapon.

Shortly after the sword is revealed Grimold appears in the doorway out of breath and covered in weapons. He moves in quickly and slams the door behind him. He slings a small stash of weapons onto the cut open bed, looks over his shoulder, and speaks
"Ok I think I got everything" he whispers "I even found some really nice daggers for you Lance. I grabbed a few other nice items as well but had to just throw some in since time was so short." He looks over his shoulder again. "So that should give you all the help you need but no one and I mean no one can know where you got these." He pauses and looks sternly at the group. "Lets just say they were not readily available. There is then I should get back I have been gone way too long"
He leaves as quickly as he came leaving the bundle on the bed.

Contents of the bag:
1 Bastard Sword
1 Short Sword
1 Great Axe
1 Battle Axe
1 Light Crossbow (30 bolts)
1 Longbow (20 Arrows)
1 Greatsword
1 Great-Mauler (same stats as greataxe aside from being MW and bludgeoning)
2 MW Daggers
1 hand crossbow (small 20bolts)
(identify items you take and be sure to place them on your character sheets. ask question in private forums)
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Lance thanks Grimold sincerely, and assures him that his secret is safe with us.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Gladius (and other weapons)

Post  Ammonite Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Raath seems quite taken with the gladiator's blade found inside his mattress; So taken with it in fact, that he barely gives a glance of recognition at Grimold's bursting into the room and his oddly secretive behaviors. Raath reaches out and touches the blade lightly and a wince of... pain... crosses his face for a fleeting moment. His eyes narrow at the inscription as he quietly whispers the words "Prince Midas, Prince Midas, Prince Midas..." over and over to himself, as if trying to remember a long forgotten dream. He lingers over the gladius for a long time, his gaze fixed upon it, until after Grimold has done his business and gone.
It seems like all at once Raath comes to himself again, and for the first time notices the pile of weapons deposited on his now much-abused bed.

TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR:
Oh, I see that our arms requests have been answered. Great. If no one is opposed, I'll make use of this gladius that we've found here and... ah, this hand-and-a-half sword here (bastard sword).

Unless anyone objects, and without leaving much opportunity for objection, Raath quickly scoops up the two blades. Wielding, one in each hand he whirls them around his body rather deftly, almost as if they were mere extensions of his own arms. For perhaps the first time since you've met him, you catch a hint of a half-a-smile crossing his face. But before you can look twice it's disappeared.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Lance takes the two masterwork daggers, and the small hand crossbow with bolts, and slips them all into the small pouch at his belt.
To Raath:
Glad to let you take this sword. It has multiple magical qualities which I can tell you about if you're interested. I'll also be wanting to take a closer look, perhaps tomorrow, because there is something magic going on with it that I just can't seem to put my finger on.
Lance then pulls out the two items Krahven found in his chest, and does his blue-eyed trick, looking not only at the two items, but also at the items brought by Grimold.
When he's done, he decides to bring up something that maybe some of these guys can help him figure out.
So guys, I've found something a bit interesting to think about, and maybe figure out. On the floor, right here (Lance indicates some scratches on the floor, that are otherwise unremarkable), there is some magical writing. An inscription of sorts, which can only be read by magical means. It says "The main income of the pit is entertainment but that is not it's purpose". I find that rather odd. What do you make of it?
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Rayne looks up as the others rummage through the bag and sees the end of a bow sticking out. He walks over and pulls it out, examining the wood and taunt string. With a slight look of disappointment he tucks it to his side and examines the rest of the bag's contents. Seeing little else of interest he grabs the quiver of arrows and walks over to his bed. Setting down the bow and arrows he pulls out his key and opens his chest hoping to find something of use.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Referring to Rayne, Lance says
Hey guys, look who came out of his trance!
Then, directly at Rayne:
So, should we all re-introduce ourselves, or have you actually been aware of your surroundings for the past few hours?
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Rayne replies without looking up from the chest:

There's no need for that, Lance.

He set the bow and arrows into the chest and locks it again. Standing up he looks around at the other members of his party.

My name is Rayne.

Noticing that some have already acquired armor he moves towards the door.

It looks as though I'm still in need of some armor.

With that he leaves the room and heads for the armory to place his order.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Did he take one of my weapons !!!

Post  Scemmie Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:04 pm

As Rayne gets up and starts rummaging in the weapon bag, Aki face suddenly drops and then hardens to a glare as he stares at Rayne. (to Aki some random person is going through his items.. and Aki likes items and he hates it when people take them with no justified purpose). Then Rayne removes a bow and puts it in his chest then leaves the room.

Aki's face still stricken by the horror and rudeness of Rayne, steps forward to look through the weapons bag. He removes the Battle Ax and the Crossbow satisfied with his items but still eyeballing the reaming weapons. Then Aki starts to shake his head slightly up and down as if he had just made his mind up on a important decision. he puts his weapons back into the bag and starts to pick up the bag of weapons.

"Well since everyone has there weapons besides the big guy. I'll go ahead and hold onto the remaining weapons. This way I can let him choose what items he wants, and we don't have random stupid elves walking up and taking are items..."

Aki walks over with the bag of weapons and places them into his chest on top of the bones already residing there. Aki then looks over at Rayne's chest, and then suddenly pulls out the great ax from the bag and walks to Rayne's chest. Aki then holds the ax in both hand above his head about to swing down when he suddenly pauses to asks the group.

"So do we now this elf or should i get my bow back.. I mean our bow... like is he even with us?"

Aki waits patiently for the reply before he attempts to break open the chest...

As Aki waits he thinks of ways to punish the elf for taking his items. Even thoughts of killing the elf for his evil doings briefly come into Aki's mind but are quickly disregarded because deity's alignment. But Aki started to like the idea of using his rope to tie Rayne up while he is sleeping so he is unable to move the next day. This way the elf can rethink his action and apologize before he is let free. With this thought in Aki mind another awkward smile brakes across his face, as he holds a heavy ax above his head, looking toward the group for there decision.
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Lance, trying to think fast to avoid future catastrophe, says
now now... remember that the elf.. Rayne? is stuck here just like the rest of us, and if we are to fight as a team, it's best to avoid little squabbles amongst ourselves. I'm sure you can realize, if you put yourself in his position, that he probably just assumed that the weapons were for everyone. I might remind you that they are indeed for everyone. My take is that we should each take only what we are going to use, and put the rest in a chest for safe keeping, so that those who are NOT part of our group are kept away from OUR belongings. I'm certain if you think through the future of your actions, you'll come to realize that this is not a good way to start off being a team... So, unless you had a particular fondness for that bow, and I know you didn't, because that's not what you asked for, why don't you let the elf have it?
diplomacy +10
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Lance hands back Krahven's items:
Neither of these are magical... and this isn't a potion, so I can't for the life of me figure out what it might do, I just know I wouldn't drink it.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty ok

Post  Scemmie Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Aki smile quickly disappears off his face as he decides to let the elf slide this once. He lowers the ax and places it back into the bag. Then turns to the group.

"Alright I'll listen to you since you are the reason we got the items. And also I agree with you that we should keep the items locked up so no one can access them beside our group.... so If the group agrees I'll gladly keep the items under lock and key, so only our group can access them. I'll gladly let anyone in our group get what ever items that they want as long as someone isn't using it. but trust me I’ll keep the weapons safe... No one takes from Aki”

Diplomacy +6
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

ABOUT AKI:
So the man likes to hold onto his things. I can respect that.

TO AKI DIRECTLY:
Sorry. But yeah, that's just the way things work in the pit. Everyone in this room, like it or not, is part of our crew. We can either fight as one, or die as several. Simple fact. Whether we like this reclusive elf, or we think he's a bit too pretentious, isn't all that important right now. *coughpretentiouscough* What is important is that we can all pull together when the time comes; I have to admit, smashing the guy's foot locker open while he's out probably isn't the best way to make a new friend.
I like you dwarf. I do. You make sense to me. The elf, not so much... yet, but I've gotta give him a chance. That's all I'm saying.

Raath tries to give a reassuring pat on Aki's shoulder, which comes off as awkward and out of place. He then turns and drops down on the edge of his now-dismembered bed, which seems to be also doubling as the team workbench lately. He rests his elbows on his knees, hands together, leaning forward, as if anticipating something.

TO THE AIR:
I wonder when they'll give us our first fight...

Then, almost as an afterthought, Raath realizes he's never looked inside his own chest. With a "might as well" shrug, he drops to one knee at the foot of his bed, pulls out his own ruddy, metal key and puts it in the ill-fitting hole.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Bah! Worthless crap jar of red piss and stone rune!

Krahven rages for a moment trying hard not to just smash both of his trinkets on the adjacent wall. He takes a breath and gets his two items that turned out to be not magical. Though still a mystery to him but hang onto them anyway. Has got a small compulsive habit of hording things. Especially when he finds them in battle areas.

Aki, how about me taking that big axe and sword (great axe and Great sword) off your hands before you lock 'em away? I need something to rage with and a blade at my side will bring me some peace.

He looks at the bottle of red liquid with a disappointed stare. 'People just don’t label like they used too.' He lets a droplet from the flask drip onto the ground to see if it does anything interesting.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Dropplets

Post  Masonimo Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:50 pm

The liquid that comes out is slightly thick and drips to the floor with nothing magical or strange.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP) - Page 2 Empty Time passes

Post  Masonimo Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

After being in the room for a few hours talking among yourselves you hear a thud outside the door and a hard knock. Upon opening the door you find a bag of armor which you promptly bring inside.

Bag Contents:
1 dwarf sized suit of half plate
1 dwarf sized heavy wooden shield
1 Half orc sized suit of (dndsheets went down so imagine the type)
1 Human sized suit of (best armor ever!)
1 Elf sized suit of (neat stuff)
1 Gnome sized suit of (greatness)
**I will edit this once dndsheets comes back up

All the armor is ill fitting and uncomfortable as it was for general body types not individuals. As a result all metal armor has an additional -1 to check penalties.

(Since we are playing tomorrow you have roughly 4-5 hours of game time before you fall asleep at night to talk and acquire anything else you may see as valuable. We will start the session finalizing what happens during this time. If you want to do something individual, without the group, do so in the private forums. If not we will work it out tomorrow.)

Last edited by Masonimo on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated to finalize this thread)
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 am

on second though i'll grab that Mauler. no complaints on me taking that half Orc armor? many thanks.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2