Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayne's Kidnapping

3 posters

Go down

Rayne's Kidnapping Empty Rayne's Kidnapping

Post  Leightonius Wed May 02, 2012 3:45 pm

OOC: I should've posted this sooner but here it is anyway. Mason, I'd expect this even occurs prior to the gathering in the arena to discuss Volta's demise and replacement, do you agree?

IC:

The day after Rayne's rescue and Volta's demise, Rayne addresses the group while they rest recovering in their house.
I'm not sure how to begin. Perhaps by simply saying "thank you". I know I likely wouldn't be here if you hadn't saved me in that arena.
Rayne takes a moment to look at each person.
So thank you.
He then sits down, looking away as if trying to recollect something.
Much of that night is vague in my memory, but I feel I should share with you what happened, or at least what I remember of it.

I remember sitting in the back of the house working on something when someone I had made a purchase from on the streets a few days back approached our back door. He beckoned me outside indicating he had something for me. He began explaining about some problem with our purchase and provided me some gold, though now I can't remember what the details of the problem were. I do remember him not being who I thought he was, though. I then went rigid, as if something bound me and paralyzed every muscle in my body. Some men appeared and I was thrown into a cart, I think. The next thing I remember is waking up strapped to some table, maybe. I could see a symbol...
Rayne squints slightly, clearly focusing, trying to recall something. He then relaxes looking disappointed.
It's so fuzzy, I can't remember.
Then his eyes widen slightly, a slight look of fear touching his distant gaze.
Then there was pain... Something covered me, boiling away my skin. Visions of- of some hell- flooded my mind. Darkness filled me, full of despair. Time was lost and the pain- the visions- were all I knew. I know not how long I endured, perhaps moments, perhaps days, but eventually I felt I would be destroyed, my very being lost to this torment of pain and fire. I felt my will begin to fracture, consumed by this onslaught of darkness and rage, when a voice came to my mind, a familiar voice of great comfort.
Rayne's eyes grow even more distant and begin to glisten in the fire's light, the fear retreating, leaving only sadness.
She said to hold on, my destiny was not yet complete, and for a moment I was free from the hell I had found myself in...
He grows silent, seemingly lost in his memories. Someone eventually shifts and Rayne looks back at the others. Regaining his composure he continues.
But the pain and agony came crashing back. Then... something happened, though I am not sure what. I was suddenly surrounded by fire, full of energy and light, or perhaps it was light full of energy and fire, I don't know. Screams filled my ears and for a moment I wondered if I was hearing my own last cries before death, but I soon realized they were not mine, but from others around me. Then there was that symbol saw when I awoke, and it shattered, it's pieces piercing my body. Then nothing.

I think I awoke again and heard some voices talking. They mentioned finding someone in ruins and him fetching a good price to... Victor, I think. And then about some execution, ours I expect, not failing this time. That must have been Volta. I must have fallen unconscious again because the next thing I remember is waking after your rescue.
Rayne sits back as he concludes, clearly finished with his story. He looks away from the others again, as though reviewing his words to see if there was anything he missed.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Rayne's Kidnapping Empty Re: Rayne's Kidnapping

Post  Ammonite Fri May 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Raath looks at Rayne grimly. He slowly opens his mouth to form words.
Friend, from what you've said, I mean, from the description you just gave... some of the things you talked about... like being strapped to a table.. the despair, the darkness.. the hell, the pain.. the symbol. Not quite remembered...
These sound so similar to the things I experienced... when I... I mean when they.. infected me? I lost all sense of time as well, and recent discoveries have led me to believe that they may held me in that state for months, or even years.
He shifts uneasily as he continues speaking, the discomfort of this conversation evident in his otherwise sober expression.
The screaming you heard.. for me it was laughter. Cruel, maniacal, soulless laughter. It haunts me to this day. But obviously laughter isn't the only thing haunting me.
If I didn't know any better...
...and, in fact, I don't know any better...

I'd say you were infected too...
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Krahven nods after Raath's comments and adds his brass coins to the conversation.

agreed. what Raath spoke of is the dream that has plagued me each night. i would say you are with the demons like he and i are Rayne. Who knows how to rid this? its far from my understanding. Infact if the rest of you hadn't said anything i would still just think i was losing my mind.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum